16th March 2021
Enquire about this position
Design Coordinator – Milton Keynes
A regional Main Contractor based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire have an opportunity for a Design Coordinator to join their established team. They specialise in car dealerships, commercial offices and industrial sheds
The company are highly successful and are recruiting for this role due to their strong pipeline of work over the coming months.
They are Investors in people and will offer you a flexible working environment and the empowerment to make your own decisions
You will enjoy working for a progressive company who has an excellent client base and a constant pipeline of work (largely through repeat business)
Your new role – Design Coordinator
You will be working under their Design Manager on multiple commercial and industrial contracts, ranging from £3m – £10m in value. The nature of the projects will generally be industrial units comprising of steel frame, metal cladding, concrete internal & external slabs, drainage work
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Attend design team meetings to co-ordinate architects, engineer’s and sub-contractor information. Assist the contracts manager in producing and co-ordinating meeting minutes.
- Carrying out drawings reviewed to identifying clashes, errors, omissions and issuing their comments. Then ensuring all comments are accurately integrated into the design, ensuring all trades and specialists are fully co-ordinated.
- Reviewing design information to ensure compliance with the contract specifications, drawings, and relevant documents.
- Providing design support to Project Management teams.
- Review and implement value engineering opportunities.
- Utilising specialist consultants coordinate the information and design to ensure BREEAM and Part L (SBEM) compliance are attained as required.
- Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy Building Control compliance
- Submitting Design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise
- Ensure all drawings are distributed to the design team and sub-contractors by liaising with the document controller.
- Reporting design progress to the design manager to ensure all deadlines are met
- Looking after the design process for up to 4 projects at once ranging between £1 – £10 million.
- Working as a design co-ordinator for a minimum of 2-3 years for a main contractor, preferably within the industrial/commercial sector on projects between £1 – £10 million. Industrial experience is not essential as long as you have sound construction knowledge
- Or you could be from an Architectural background – looking to make the move to work for a main contractor
- Or you could be a Design Coordinator / Technical Coordinator with a developer looking to make the move to work for a main contractor
- Strong I.T skills, familiar with Microsoft software. CAD/Bluebeam skills a benefit but not required.
- A strong understanding of the design & construction processes
- Experience reviewing civils, levels, drainage, concrete, S278, S106, S50, steel frames, cladding, internals and M & E.
Salary up to £50k + 25 days holiday, car or car allowance and bonus scheme
Working hours 8-5.30
Design Coordinator / Milton Keynes / Northampton / Bedford / Commercial / Industrial / Construction / Architectural / Housing / Developer
Return to vacancies