5th August 2020
Enquire about this position
If you are looking to join a company with a great reputation and an excellent pipeline of work then this could be the role for you
The role is responsible for the cost management and cash collection on all assigned projects. Overall commercial responsibility for the projects assigned, working closely with the operations team on the cost-effective delivery of projects and management of the cash flow through concise record keeping, and constant dialogue with and management of the both the contracts delivery team and client.
- Responsibility for the delivery of targeted margin.
- Attending pre-contract meetings where appropriate and dealing with any letters or correspondence that reference commercial issues, confirming agreement to clients.
- Managing risk by reviewing letters of intent, orders, terms of contract and ensuring company’s position is protected.
- Reviewing and recommendation on client credit checks and negotiating / agreeing payment terms.
- At tender stage assisting proposals department by reviewing tenders, advising on tender qualifications and assisting the proposals and procurement team on the preparation of subcontract packages.
- Managing risk by reviewing our subcontract orders, assistance in agreeing terms of contract, and ensuring company’s position is protected in all instances.
- Dealing with all commercial administration, letters and correspondence relating to contracts on an individual basis to bring a successful conclusion to the contract, liaising and working with external consultants or representatives as and when necessary.
- Where appropriate, carry out post contract review on contract finances.
- Weekly / monthly reporting – managing WIP monthly reporting process and job costing reviews.
- Ensuring that weekly sales forecasts are issued to accounts, variations are tracked, and payment terms are strictly followed.
- Liaising with accounts department including assisting the Credit Controller in debt control/ collection.
- To continually seek improvement in the following areas: Performance of our products and services; Customer satisfaction; Development or our staff where applicable; The standards of our suppliers and sub-contractors; Our financial performance.
- Work alongside the Project Cost Accountant to ensure overall commercial efficiency and project performance.
- Degree qualified surveyor
- Experienced Quantity Surveyor 5-10 years experience
- Management experience of junior surveyors advantageous.
- Experience with any form of piling or ground engineering.
- Experience in Civils works, and groundworks and drainage would be an advantage.
- Experience within a similar role.
- Commercially astute – working knowledge of standard forms of contract particularly JCT, and standard methods of measurement
- Highly ambitious, driven and self-motivated.
- Prioritise own workload to meet deadlines and targets and are expected to work closely together and well within the team.
- IT skills and highly proficient with Excel spreadsheets including pivots and numerically literate
Quantity Surveyor / Groundworks / Civil Engineering / Quantity Surveying / Drainage / Bedfordshire / Buckinghamshire / Hertfordshire
Return to vacancies